There is no religious, racial or gender restriction for applicants
Important If you wish to be considered for a bursary award, please ensure that you are eligible before filling out the Application Form by checking you meet all the criteria below. The Trust will not get into time-wasting correspondence with regard to incomplete applications, which are likely to be rejected.
Send completed Application Forms to: The Secretary, GIFT, 23, Linnet Way, Frome, Somerset, BA11 2UY
Applications must be received at least three months before the proposed trip.
The applicant MUST be:
- A UK national and resident.
- Provide a home address, postcode and contact telephone number.
- Aged 16/24 (no older than their 25th birthday at the time of going abroad)
- Taking part in a verifiable project in a developing country (not a tourist destination)
- Be living and working within an indigenous community – with preference being given to an applicant staying in a ‘homestay’ family environment
- Staying or working with the project for a minimum of six weeks.
- Vetted and accepted by an approved overseas project agency. Please include your acceptance number and project reference
The applicant MUST also:
Provide a sound independent reference. (e.g. Tutor or other professional). Ambiguous names or statements on plain paper are unacceptable.
- Provide realistic travel and other costs.
- Show what research and preparation has been undertaken for the visit
- Indicate the level of their own fundraising initiatives.